Ignite presentation learner response
1) Type up your feedback in full including the ratings out of five for each of the categories.
WWW:
- Good intro
- Good slides
- Nice design
- Images
- Not too much texts
- Use of cue cards
- Looking at audience
- Good concepts
- Vlog
- Music video
- Terminology (jumps cuts & montage)
- Cinematography (pov - explains why)
- Theory (Gauntlett, hooks and Blumer & Katz)
- Good on demographics/psychographics
EBI:
- Timings
- Avoid full sentences
- Could have added Goodwin
- More on industry
- Why use the industry (major or independent)
2) Use this feedback, comments from peers and your own reflection on your presentation to self-assess and write your own detailed WWW and EBI for your coursework concept and presentation as a whole.
Overall, my presentation and planning has set a foundation to my coursework as well as on how to improve it. I had great ideas when it comes to concept, how my product will portray towards my target audience and what my TikTok videos will look like. I also used a range of different theories and terminology to be able to enhance my media knowledge. However, I have a few changes to make it easier for me in the future, such as adding more detail on industry as well as my research on it. I could research on the industry bit, such as if it’s a major or independent industry. I could also add Goodwin’s music video convention to be able to apply it to my music video and state if I either subvert it or reinforce it.
3) Write a paragraph discussing how your presentation will lead into your actual coursework production. Do you need to update your statement of intent? Does your concept offer enough clarity? Is it appropriate for the audience specified in the brief? Is it achievable to film with the resources you have available? Can you add media terminology or theory to your statement of intent now you have reflected on your presentation and seen others?
3) Write a paragraph discussing how your presentation will lead into your actual coursework production. Do you need to update your statement of intent? Does your concept offer enough clarity? Is it appropriate for the audience specified in the brief? Is it achievable to film with the resources you have available? Can you add media terminology or theory to your statement of intent now you have reflected on your presentation and seen others?
My presentation will lead into my actual coursework as it gives me an idea and foundation as to what my coursework videos will look like, especially the concepts that I will use. It will also give me an idea on what to work on with my coursework and to be able to think about how to improve it. Furthermore, my presentation acts as a checklist for me, where I can look over it and see if I missed anything or if I changed anything. For my statement of intent, I will need to update it as it’s not as detailed and organised as it currently is, and so I might have to check the brief sheet to be able to see what I still have to work and add. I think my concept gives enough clarity for the audience, especially that I talked about it multiple times in my presentation. Also, I think my target audience for my product meets the criteria on the brief, but I might have to re-check it and maybe add reasons as to why I picked my target audiences as my target audience. In addition, I think it is achievable to film what I have planned with the resources I have, especially that I already planned it. Lastly, I think I can add theories and media terminology to my statement of intent.
Comments
Post a Comment